Sales and Bookings Coordinator
Black Dog Group / The Liars Group
Black Dog Ballroom and the Liars Club Group are two of Manchester’s leading bar groups consisting of seven popular and unique venues in the heart of the city. Our award winning venues are renowned for their innovation, friendly atmosphere and outstanding service.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Sales and Events Co-ordinator within our group and are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and increasing sales across all venues.
The ideal candidate will have the following: –
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to build rapport and strong relationships
- Negotiation techniques to convert leads
- Professional telephone manner
- Previous experience in hospitality/event sales would be preferred or knowledge of the industry.
- Have an individual personality, a positive attitude and a very strong team spirit.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once
JOB TITLE: Sales and Bookings Co-ordinator
REPORTING TO: Sales Manager
HOURS: 40 hours per week.
- Process and respond to all event and reservation enquiries and upsell where appropriate.
- Identify business growth opportunities
- Be fully trained and conversant with company booking systems
- Chase provisional enquires in order to maximize conversion
- Chase provisional bookings to obtain confirmation and deposit payments
- Fully promote all venues at all times.
- Negotiate rates in line with the strategy set by the Sales and Venue Managers
- Create and send out invoices for all pre-orders following accounting procedures
- Attend weekly sales meeting reporting figures and discussing strategy for week ahead
- Keep all venues up to date with any changes to bookings and update function sheets where appropriate
- Attend outside events on behalf of company (ie. Freshers Fairs)
- Meet with and conduct show-rounds with prospective clients and show them the venue facilities.
- Assist with any outbound sales campaigns as set by the Sales Manger
- Maintain a relationship with third party agencies to ensure enquiries are received.
- Be familiar with competitor venues within the area. Visit regularly where appropriate.
- Be fully aware and comply with all fire, health and safety and hygiene regulations.
- Ensure all statutory training is carried out and up to date.
- One years sales/customer service telephone experience
Competitive salary dependent on experience.
Other Ways To Get In Touch
Whitworth St West,
0161 228 2888